Rafał Blechacz sent his message to his audience in Japan to express his sorry for not fulfilling the planed recital tour via his management office.
Message on Japan Arts website (Japanese)
My Dear Japanese fans,
I can’t find an appropriate espression to describe how I’m feeling sorry that the entire Japan tour scheduled in February 2013 had to be cancelled. I caught the flu just two days before my departure to Japan. I had to spend quite a few days in bed and at long last have begun getting better. I am deeply grateful for your kind words of sympathy extended to me.
I think you were also very much disappointed. For me it was extremely regrettable that my heartfelt wish to play for the beloved Japanese fans was not fulfilled.
At the same time, it’s a great honor to know that Japanese fans have such a major interest in my music.
I sincerely hope that my next Japan tour will be realized in the foreseeable future.
↑(He wrote his message in English but this is translated from Japanese translation.)
He also sent his message to his fans in Korea which was shown in the cancellation notice.
(.....) "Blechacz sent to us his message to express gratitude to Korean audience for having great interest in his planned recital and a deep apology for the disappointment and inconvenience that this cancellation will cause to the audience who were looking forward to the recital." (.....)
From tweets by his fans after the message was released.
* I was deeply moved by reading the direct message from Rafał-san, to the point of tears. I think he shares the same feeling as fans (/ _ ; )
* It touched me deeply. Sincerely hope that he can come here soon 〜 (*^^*) I’ve been waiting for his message ♪
* I was so worried that his case is very critical.
* I’m wondering if Blechacz-san is really recovering. Maybe his incoming concert schedule in Europe and America is too tight. I’m a little concerned if he could take enough rest (>_<)
* It’s my ardent hope that his tour will be realized in the near future!
* I think it was written in English and wish I could read the original text. But even in Japanese translation, reading his message breaks my heart. I'm wondering how he felt confined to bed at a time when he was supposed to play at Suntory Hall or Yokohama Minato Mirai Hall...