Comments from fans via e-mail and tweets on news of cancellation of recitals by Rafał Blechacz in Japan.
(As of Jan. 29)
*To my regret, the recital was cancelled this time. I'll save the good opportunity to next. I wish Rafał-san a smooth and complete recovery.
* It's quite unfortunate as we've not seen him for a long time. But I believe it is Rafał-san who is in the hardest time. I want him to take his time and recover fully for his future.
* God bless you, Mr. Blechacz!
* Oh my goodness, he got flu! I've been looking forward to the recital, but he is a human so it can't be avoided. Hope he'll take a sufficient rest. I'll be waiting for his next appearance here. Take care!
* I'm really sad but I would like him to take a nice long sleep. I pray to him for a fast recovery.
* The Belechacz's recital I've been anxiously awaiting was cancelled. It's regrettable but he is really suffering from flu symptoms unlike that guy who didn't come to Japan with a pretended sickness. He is a honest Pole, from the country I love. Take care, Mr. Blechacz!
* Oh, no...! May I cry!? The recital by Blechacz was suspended....I've heard he is ill with flu (;_;) No! You stupid flu!
|Rafał Blechacz @Yokohama, Oct. 2010 English translation|
* I'm afraid the artist is in a more difficult time than we are. I'd seriously take his courageous and wise decision to heart. I think he will be able to think about the next plan for the future once he recovers from symptoms and feels better. I can wait up till then.
* It's been announced that the remaining three concerts are in suspension. Maybe it's impossible that these concerts are given. Dear Blechacz-san...., it's serious if he gets worse by being pushed hard. His health is the top priority. I can wait until the next time.
* I completely forgot what I was supposed to do today. Blechacz-san, take care and be better!
* Oh Blechacz! What a pity! This silly flu~!
* I was planning to go to Blechacz's recital on Feb. 2 but I was informed of the cancellation due to his sickness with flu via e-mail and phonecall from the organizer. Oh, what a regret. First I want him to recover and feel better....!
* OMG! Surprisingly (ﾟﾛﾟ) Blechacz got flu! He is a human, the same as ordinary people..(ﾟOﾟ)
* The news of the cancellation of Blechacz's recital greatly shocked me. Today I devoted myself to work, more seriously than usual and found that I made a better progress than usual. Why? My mother and I comforted each other and we've recovered from the shock o(^_-)O Now I'm in the mood to carry on, looking forward to his next visit to Japan in the future. I believe that Blechacz-san is more suffering than fans.
* I've been humbly and eagerly waiting for his recital, so it is really shocking. But I would like to pray for Rafał so that he'll recover from illness as soon as possible and offer wonderful performances to his audiences around the world.
* Whaaaaaat? How pity it is! But I think it was by far the better that it happened while he was at home rather than he's already come to Japan and got sick(＞人＜;) Let me offer my best wishes for his complete recovery.
|@Yokohama, Oct. 2010|
* I was looking forward to listening to the authentic Szymanowski and Scherzo No.3, but no avail. Please take care and get better, Blechacz-san!
* I feel sympathy for Blechacz that he got flu (/ _ ; ) It's not yet clear if there is a recital in Kyoto next week but I don't want him to be forced to come and play.
* The recital by Rafał Blechacz that I'v been waiting for most anxiously this year was canceled because he has a case of influenza. I strongly believe that he is the most precious crown-jewel in the world of piano. All that I can do is to offer prayer to him for his complete recovery. I do hope that he will live long to compensate the too short life of Chopin.
The concert hall of cozy atmosphere in the video is located in the suburbs of Yokohama-city, relatively small with 500 seats compared to big halls where Blechacz usually play (e.g. Suntory Hall: 2006 seats). Usually photo-taking is prohibited during the autographic session. (e.g. @Tokyo Opera City Hall, Oct. 2010.)